Monday, August 9, 2010

Good morning and Welcome!

I'm Robyn and I'll be your tour guide on this adventure. I'm starting this blog for many reasons. Not the least of these is that my husband, Mike, and I have had our fair share of ups and downs. While this is typical of all marriages, the looming cloud of Autism hangs over us both making emotions rage in all directions. Both Mike and I go through highs and lows with our emotions and it makes talking about things difficult because while I may be talkative here, I hate speaking in general. Mike will talk your ear off and then some if you let him. (Sorry babe, but you know it's true.)

Another reason why I wanted to start this blog was to give a place for other couples with this same issue to go for support. Having one Autistic partner in a relationship is difficult enough, but for both parties to be on the spectrum brings double the stress. I want this to be a place for others to come for hope and insight. Mike and I don't always get it right in the beginning, but we figure it out somehow.

Lastly, I did this for parents of those on the spectrum. Often times I've heard parents despair about how their Autistic child won't be able to have a normal, healthy relationship or marriage. It is possible. It just may be with someone else on the spectrum.

I plan to use this blog to chronicle some of our issues with each other, the outside world, family, and anything else that comes our way. I want to show everyone that each relationship is unique and a blessing in its own way and spectrum marriages comes with a whole heap of blessings you might not even know existed.

Robyn

2 comments:

  1. *with typos hopefully corrected and more coffee sipped down*

    A fabulous idea for a blog!
    I'm looking forward to your tales, Robin.
    Best Wishes,
    Sonny ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I'm glad you like the concept!

    Blessings, Robyn

    ReplyDelete