Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting to the Store

It takes us forever to get to the store. We (well I) make a list as we run out of things or as I plan meals. That list will then sit on the dry erase board for days, weeks until we run out of that one essential thing we can't live without. We like to go shopping at night. There aren't as many people which, theoretically, means there won't be as many chances of being bumped into or getting frustrated at the people who can't decide what they want.

Mike's problem with the store (especially Wal*Mart) is that it's so busy. Crowds bother him and when he comes out of the building he is frustrated and annoyed at someone's stupidity. He hates looking for things and gets frustrated when items aren't where they're supposed to be. This has come up a lot recently since our local Wal*Mart is getting a remodel and everything has been moved around all over the store.

I can tolerate the crowds mostly. I put on my headphones and ignore them. It's much easier for me and better for everyone else if I do this. I get annoyed when people crowd the aisles talking instead of shopping. Shopping is what the store is for; it's not a food court. Mainly, though the fluorescent lights bother me. I can't stand how bright they are and how they reflect off the floors. It's worse now that Wal*Mart has switched to white labels for their Great Value brand. Too much white!

Alas, there's no where else to go in this small town. We're stuck with what we have and we try to make the best of it, but it's quite difficult when we both get frustrated by the stores and then people look at us like we're crazy when we're complaining to each other about the company's lack of consideration for the individual when they design their product labels.

Ah well. We'll see how this run goes. We're heading to Wal*Mart after dinner. Hopefully it won't be too bad tonight.

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment